The Hostel Trail is a brand new backpackers hostel right in the centre of Popayan. Not only does it function as the base for the online guide HostelTrail but it also offers all the facilities a backpacker could want including dorm and private room accommodation, internet access and Free WiFi, Laundry service, self-catering kitchen with free coffee all day and plenty of tourist information.
If we appear to have no availability, please drop us an email direct and we may be able to fit you in.
The Hostel Trail has a total of 35 beds, including a 7-bed ensuite dorm room with balconies overlooking the colonial street as well as single, double and twin rooms with and without private bathroom. All private rooms are decorated with photography from around South America and have hand-made duvets. The private rooms also have custom made shutters on the windows to ensure a quiet (and dark) nights sleep.
As this is also the base for HostelTrail - The Latin American Backpacking Network, there's always plenty of information about places to see and things to do through Colombia and across South America.
- Dorms & Private Rooms (with and without bathroom)
- European-style duvets in all private rooms.
- Laundry Facilities
- Free lockers with built in power supply
- Self-Catering Kitchen
- Fast internet, Free WIFI & Skype
- Extensive DVD collection and 32 inch Flatscreen TV
- International Calls at 400 Pesos p/m
- Book Exchange
- A selection of cold beers,soft drinks, water for sale
- Courtyard patio area
- Free coffee all day
- 5 mins walk from the main square!
- Bike Tours to the Thermal Pools!
We also offer a Free luggage storage service for those who wish to visit the amazing archaelogical sites of San Agustin and Tierradentro without the hassle of carrying all their baggage.